The very first yoga class I taught was a yoga nidra class. Oh that seems like so long ago now. Selecting specific music, and softly speaking words, gently guiding you in areas of your own body. Every in breath energizes the body and every exhale brings you deeper into relaxation. The risk is you might fall asleep, try not too though, as yoga nidra is about the journey of your inward and outward universe.
Yoga Nidra is the yoga of
aware sleep. In this method lies the secrets of self healing
Should I Take This Class?
If you can put a check mark beside any of these below, you can register for this class.
- I can breathe
- I need to do something nurturing for myself
- I can lay down in savasana or corpse pose for 45 minutes
- I suffer from insomnia
- I have a difficult time slowing down my mind
- I need to learn to relax
- I seek some quiet time
- I like to be guided in meditation
- I enjoy gentle, soft, flowing music
- I love the last 10 minutes of a yoga practice when I'm in a class; always wished it would last longer
- I have no yoga experience
- I have lots of yoga experience
- I need a break from my life
Change yourself, and you have done your part in changing the world
What will I learn?
- How to repose in your body
- Explore all the areas of your physical body
- Explore your extended, energetic body
- How to quiet the mind
- Information on the chakras (energy wheels)
- Seed sounds
- Breath (pranayama)
What is My Commitment?
- Must register online for classes
- Minimum of 2 students for a class otherwise class is cancelled
- Maximum number of students is 12
- Drop ins are fine, but please check to see if we have room before you show up
- Classes are 45 minutes in duration